Sunday, April 26, 2009

Mother may I? Yes you may!

The 8 year old had Scarlet Fever last week, and then came down with Pink Eye this weekend. In response, I've been cleaning like a madwoman in the hopes of ridding our home of whatever is thinking of hitting us next.

So, today was spent finishing the laundry, dusting the house, dusting the ceiling fans, vacuuming, sweeping the tile floors and then getting ready to mop the floors.

I hate mopping the floors. I love it when they are clean, smelling of Dr. Bonner's peppermint soap. But I hate to mop. I'd finished the kitchen and was dreading mopping the bathroom and entry way, when the same 8 year old asked if she could mop the bathroom.

Yes, she wanted to. I granted permission.

Then she asked if she could mop the entryway. Again, I granted permission.

I went to the laundry room to continue doing the laundry. She came down and asked if mopping the floors could be her responsibility. Yes, she wants to do them.

Needless to say, she is now in charge of mopping floors.

Woo Hoo! I am a happy woman!

1 comment: